This is a fabulously easy recipe that tastes and looks as though you’ve lavished hours of love and attention into making it.
Serves: 4; Prep time: 20 minutes; cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 curry kit for four
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 300g beef mince
- 500g chopped mixed veg
- 200g uncooked rice
- In a saucepan add the rice and tumeric and fill with water.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until almost cooked
- Drain and let cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Add the whole spices from the curry kit into the pan and let pop, be careful not to burn the spices.
- Add curry powder and as much chilli powder as you want to from the curry kit and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the mince and chopped veg.
- Puree or grate in the tinned tomatoes. Add water if you think it needs it.
- Add chopped coriander to the curry just before serving
- Squeezing lemon juice over the curry lifts the flavour
- Make the perfect salad accompaniment by finely chopping green chillies, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and coriander. Dress with salt and lemon juice.
- Serve with yogurt.