Banana Curry with Banana Skin
This is a super fast recipe with using the banana skins too so there is no food waste.
- chopping board
- ripe bananas - so ripe that the skin is soft
- salt, chilli powder, turmeric, amchoor powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground cloves, ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flavourless oil
- To taste cumin seeds
- cinnamon stick
- Chop the ripe bananas and put into a bowl
- Add the spices (salt, chilli powder, turmeric, amchoor powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground cloves, ground cinnamon) and toss to mix. Don't worry if you don't have everything, it's a forgiving recipe. Watch the video to get an idea of how much of each to add. Smell the spices to get a feeling of the strength of falvour - use less of the stronger ones. It's all to taste. Remember, you can add more if you need so if in doubt start with less.
- Heat the oil In a pan and add the cumin seeds and cinnamon stick. Let the flavours and aromas release - this should only take a couple of seconds.
- Add the bananas.
- Cook for around 5 minutes.